Friday, July 9, 2010

Susie's Intro


Hello,
Susie Edwardson.
Junior in College.
Haida.
and Quite adorable.

Snowboarding is what got me curious about longboarding.
A year ago if you asked me what a longboard is I'd say "Why are you asking me that? Ask a construction worker." I've learned a lot in a year. I learned from all my friend's on the mountain that longboarding was the closest I could get to snowboarding during the non-snowy months.

Last year I worked full time as a intern for the State of Alaska, hula danced with my friends(Kymmy, Keala and Mikko!), and took a math course at the college. This summer I work as an intern for the State of Alaska, snowboarded at Mt. Hood last month, and longboarded every sunny day(Which is like 2-3 a week or less)Juneau has had. Rainy days are spent planning trips.

The sound of the pavement can't rival the sound of my snowboard scraping the snow but it still is a beautiful sound. Carving is kinda like linking turns on my snowboard but without the bindings not 100% the same. I'm not trying to bash longboarding and it feels like I'm compairing apples and oranges. Some pros to longboarding way cheaper then snowboarding and I can get more then a face tan. I could compare the two all day but I wont(don't want to scare ya away, if I hadn't already!)

The rest of this summer will be great. We will have reviews and pictures or roads for longboarding; in Juneau, Canada, Washington and maybe the Coast of Oregon. Reviews on our current boards and any new products we get for longboarding. Keala's second year of college will be in Hawaii, so she will have reviews on that. We will write about our learning progress too!

Song of the day: Wildman by Devil Wears Prada for the rockers
Sleepy Head by Passion Pit for Space Cases


Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment